ISO-HT is, of course, Dyplast’s polyisocyanurate mechanical insulation for higher temperature pipe and equipment applications - - for temperatures from -297°F to 350°F (-183°C to 177°C), and up to 375°F (190°C) intermittent. While Dyplast’s detailed, multi-page Installation Guide is aimed at installers and contractors, we are now releasing this one-page Qwik Guide on installation that may be helpful to owners and engineer/specifiers who need the basic do’s/don’ts. For instance, an abbreviated excerpt follows:
- Never install insulant to a hot pipe
- Pipe should be clean and dry
- Temporarily secure insulant segments with tape
- Joints/seams should be butted and offset
- Outermost joints/seams should be buttered with sealant
- A zero-perm vapor barrier is highly recommended in most cases
- A qualified engineer should design expansion joints and vapor stops.
Please Join Our Mailing list or Follow us on Social Media below so you can stay abreast of latest developments and documents.